Too busy to make a Christmas Cake? Try our cheat cake
Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year, so this tasty cheat’s Christmas cake is the perfect recipe to take the stress away while still enjoying the Christmas spirit. Our Cheat’s Christmas Cake is a short-cut version of the traditional holiday recipe.
For 1, 2lb loaf
225g Brown Sugar
110g candied peel
350g plain flour
1tsp bread soda
1. Preheat oven 165C
2. Line a 20cm cake time, lined with butter and parchment paper.
3. Bring butter, stout, sugar, fruit and peel to boil.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes, leave to cool.
5. Sieve flour, bread soda and allspice in to a bowl.
6. Beat eggs lightly.
7. Add half egg mixture, fold in the flour mixture.
8. Add remaining egg and mix.
9. Put in a tin and bake for 2 hours
10. Allow to cool in tin.